CHANA PULAO RECIPE:
Hungry for Chana Pulao Recipe, there is a delicious food item which you like the most. The food item is Chana Pulao is very tasty. It is a food that is full of nutrients as well as energy. It is very good for health. There are no extra fats are present so this food means the Pulao Recipe boost your body.
This food is consumed to provide nutritional support. People from the United Kingdom, United States, Canada and all over the like to try the Pakistani Recipe at home and enjoy the amazing taste. This amazing dish contains essential nutrients, such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals which your body actually needs. It maintains your body’s metabolic rate. Must try our delicious Pakistani Chana Pulao Recipe. Keep visiting us for more recipes.
- 2 cups basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp salt, or to taste
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 whole black cardamoms
- 1 medium stick cinnamon
- oil, as needed
- water, as needed
- In a deep pot, heat the oil and add the sliced onions and cumin seeds. Fry till the onions become golden – about 10 minutes. I managed to burn some of my onions – don’t do this!
- Add a big splash of water and all the spices. Continue to cook this until the onions soften and the water is reduced to about half.
- Add the rice, chickpeas and 3 cups of water
- Cook the rice and chickpeas on high heat, stirring once or twice (but not breaking any rice!) until most of the water has dried out.
- Once the water has dried out, secure a tight-fitting lid onto the pot and turn the heat down to the lowest setting, to steam for 10-15 minutes. You can wrap the lid in a clean tablecloth so it absorbs more steam, leading to slightly fluffier and less mushier rice.
- Allow the rice to rest for 10-15 minutes after steaming, then fluff up before serving warm!